Today wood pellets are an established and valuable renewable energy source. By 2015 worldwide production of pellets exceeded 28 mln ton. European Union countries consumption is more than 18 mln ton with growth up to 24 mln ton by 2020.
Within increasing imports to Europe Russia is one the most promising suppliers alongside with US and Canada. Huge wood feedstocks, competitive saw milling industry, location and orientation of wood industry to European production and trading standards makes Russian companies reliable and sustainable suppliers of wood pellets to Europe and Asian markets.
Russian Pellet Index (RPI) is an independent agency which covers Russian pellet market. We use best tools and practices of international commodity information agencies and have deep experience in Russian pellet market. Our goals:
- Provide transparent and independent export prices for Russian pellets (industrial and residential grades);
- Cover main industry news and producers;
- Assisting in right and profitable decisions for Russian pellets buyers;
- Be reliable partner and information provider for Russian pellets buyers;
- Make an impact for development of Green Energy.
Among RPI customers are energy companies, pellet end users, traders and distributors, producers, consultants, scientists and official bodies. We call on global pellet market actors and stakeholders for clear, consistent, harmonized and long term cooperation.